Hello! Thank you for visiting my website. I’m a postdoc at UIUC working with Prof. Naira Hovakimyan and I’m leading the ACRL Multirotor Team. I received my Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Maryland, under the supervision of Prof. Derek A. Paley in 2021. My Curriculum Vitae can be found here.
- 2023/08: Our new preprint on DiffTune is available on arxiv. The video can be found here. Feel free to try DiffTune using our open-sourced toolset.
- 2023/08: I gave a talk at the Long Feng Science Forum at CUHK-Shenzhen.
- 2023/07: I gave an invited talk at the Robotics and Perception Group at the University of Zurich.
- 2023/04: Our new paper on hyperparameter-free auto-tuning using DiffTune has been accepted by L4DC for oral presentation (16 selected out of 167 submissions)! The preprint is available here. The presentation is available here.
- 2023/04: Our new paper on cooperative estimation and control of a diffusion-based spatiotemporal process has been accepted by Autonomous Robots! The demo experiment can be found here. Paper can be accessed here.
- 2023/04: Our new paper on fast UAV trajectory planning via simultaneous spatial and temporal assignments has been accepted by IEEE RA-L! The preprint is available on arxiv.
- 2023/04: Our exhibit won third place for The Future Today award at this year’s Engineering Open House! More information can be found here.
- 2023/03: I gave an invited talk at the Robotics Seminar in UIUC.
- 2023/02: I gave an invited talk at Dr. Bo Li’s group in UIUC.
- 2023/02: I gave an invited talk at the Robotics and Controls Seminar in UNC Charlotte.
- 2023/01: Our GN&C Workshop focusing on machine-learning for safety-critical systems in Advanced Air Mobility has been held succesfully at 2023 AIAA SciTech! Many thanks to our colleagues at NASA and GaTech!
- 2023/01: Our L1Quad video has been featured by IEEE Spectrum’s Video Friday. Thanks, IEEE Spectrum!
- 2022/12: I gave a spotlight talk on DiffTune at the RoboAdapt Workshop at CoRL 2022. The schedule can be found here.
- 2022/11: A compilation of demos for robust quadrotor flight against uncertainties (L1Quad) is available on video. The paper will be submitted soon.
- 2022/09: Our new paper on the control of omnidirectional multirotor vehicles has been submitted! The preprint is available on arxiv. The video can be found here.
Honors and awards
- Excellent Reviewer, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics (2022)
- Graduate School Summer Fellowship, University of Maryland (2021)
- Student Travel Award, ACC, IFAC WC, CDC, SIAM DS
- Future Faculty Fellow, A. James Clark School of Engineering, University of Maryland (2018)
- George Corcoran Award, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Maryland (2016)
- Teaching Assistant Training and Development (TATD) Fellow, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Maryland (2015-2016)
- International Teaching Fellow (ITF), Teaching & Learning Transformation Center, University of Maryland (2015-2016)
- Distinguished Teaching Assistant Award, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Maryland (2015)
- Outstanding Undergraduate Thesis Award, Department of Control Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology (2014)
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Automatica, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, IEEE Control Systems Letters, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
- Conference Reviewer: CoRL, ICRA, IROS, IFAC WC, CDC, ACC, and DARS-SWARM
- Member of the IEEE CSS Technical Committee on Intelligent Control